Fire departments need to conduct fire prevention inspections on a regular basis. With thousands of properties needing inspection, scheduling them used to be a difficult task involving huge wall calendars, sticky notes, reminders in Outlook, and more. You can streamline your scheduling process by using inspection interval fields in combination with the Pending Inspections report.
1. Using your computer, log into CityReporter web with your city code, username, and password. Next, click the Location Management button at the top of the screen, as shown.
2. Open the location that you’d like to edit. You can do this by double-clicking the name of the location or clicking on the Edit button.
3. In the Location Editor window, click on the General Inspections tab.
4. Set the inspection interval for the desired number of days. You can also manually set the next inspection date for each inspection by clicking the calendar icon. Do the same on any other inspection group tabs, if applicable. Click the Save button to record your changes.
5. Once you have all properties set up with an inspection interval, you can use the Pending Inspections report to see which inspections will be due soon. Click on the Reports button.
6. From the drop-down menu, select the report titled “Locations Pending Inspections”. Choose the area you’d like to look at, and set the number of days ahead, such as the next 30 days. Click Run Report.
7. While reviewing your report, grab your tablet and search for the properties that need to be inspected soon. Fetch them to download them to your tablet. Now, you can keep your tablet in your truck and quickly drop by one of the properties on the list when you happen to be in the area.
Important Note: this report displays the last time an inspection was done at each location. If you have never done an inspection at a particular location, it will indicate that location is overdue for an inspection. If you’re just transitioning from paper records to CityReporter, you may not find this report helpful until you have first inspected all your properties with the new system.